Skip to content

I think my pet ate something that could be poisonous, but he/she seems fine. What should I do?

Don’t panic, but call us right away. We will need detailed information about what you believe your pet has eaten. Having the package or ingredients list is best. If it’s outside of our normal business hours, please call one of the local emergency,after hours, veterinary hospitals. If your pet is not showing any adverse symptoms, you can also call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435. You may be charged a consultation fee.

Some of the items that may be toxic are human medications, Bufo Toads, snakes, trash, fatty meats, ant, slug or other insect baits or killers, and many plants.